Tooth Implant Singapore: Can you Have Just One Tooth Implant?
A tooth implant is a titanium post surgically placed into the jawbone to replace a missing tooth. To learn about how it’s done, book a consultation with an orthodontist on this page: https://andental.sg/dental-implants/
The benefits of getting a tooth implant include:
- The implant becomes part of your jawbone, providing a strong foundation for the replacement tooth.
- It feels like your own teeth and doesn't require any special care.
- Implant surgery is a relatively minor procedure that can be completed in one visit to the dentist.
Can an Implant be done for one Tooth?
For most people who are contemplating dental implants, one of the most common questions is, "Can the implant be done for one tooth?" The answer to this question is yes. You can have just one tooth implant.
This is typically done when there is only one missing tooth. The implant is placed in the space where the tooth is missing, and a prosthetic tooth (typically a crown) is then placed on top of it.
Both the lost natural tooth and its root are replaced with a dental implant. However, the success of the implant depends on the health of the surrounding teeth. If the adjacent teeth are not healthy, the implant may not be successful.
Another common question that comes with this is; how long does a single tooth implant take? A single tooth implant usually takes between 1-2 hours to complete.
The time may vary depending on the complexity of the procedure and the patient's unique circumstances. It depends on the individual and the specifics of their situation, but typically, a tooth implant can take anywhere from 1-2 hours to finish.
After that, most dentists will wait approximately three months before performing the final restoration on the tooth replacement. Some patients may need more time if they have a lot of bone loss or if they're recovering from other dental work.
And for people with particularly healthy teeth and gums, the process may be shorter. But on average, one to three months is about right.
If you're missing a tooth and are considering a tooth implant in Singapore, please consult with your dentist to see if they are the best option for you. Implants are a great way to replace missing teeth, and they offer a number of benefits over other options like bridges or dentures. You may be a good candidate for a single tooth implant if;
- You have enough bone in your jaw to support the implant: Your dentist will need to do a bone graft if you don't have enough bone. That said, not everyone needs a bone graft.
- Your adjacent teeth are healthy: If the adjacent teeth are not healthy, the implant may not be successful.
- You're willing to commit to good oral hygiene habits: Unlike dentures or bridges, implants do not require special care. However, you will need to brush and floss your teeth like normal to keep them healthy and free of plaque and bacteria.
- You're prepared for the cost: Dental implants are not typically covered by insurance, so you will need to be prepared to pay out of pocket. The cost of a tooth implant can vary depending on your location, the dentist you go to, and other factors. But typically, they cost between $2,500 and $6,000 for each implant.
- You do not have any health conditions that would prevent you from having surgery: Some health conditions, like diabetes or HIV, may prevent you from having surgery. Be sure to talk to your dentist and doctor to see if implants are right for you.
- You do not smoke or drink alcohol excessively: Smoking and drinking alcohol can decrease the success rate of dental implants. If you smoke or drink heavily, you may want to reconsider getting implants.
If you meet all of these criteria, you may be a good candidate for a single tooth implant in Singapore. Talk to your dentist to find out if they think implants are right for you.
Just to put more clarity on the cost, Medisave can be claimed for dental treatments involving surgery to correct medical complications. With that said, you should be able to claim at least a portion of the cost of your implant if you're getting it for medical reasons. If you were getting the implants solely for cosmetic reasons, you likely would not be able to claim them.
How to Prepare for a Dental Implant
If you're missing a tooth and are considering a tooth implant in Singapore, please consult with your dentist to see if they are the best option for you. Implants are a great way to replace missing teeth, but they require surgery, so you need to be prepared for the procedure. Here are some things you can do to prepare for a dental implant:
- First things first; talk to your dentist: Be sure to talk to your dentist about the implant procedure. They will be able to answer any questions you have and tell you what to expect.
- Take good care of your teeth: It doesn't matter how good of a job your dentist does if you don't take care of your teeth at home. Be sure to brush and floss your teeth like normal to keep them healthy.
- Avoid smoking and drinking alcohol: Smoking and drinking alcohol can decrease the success rate of dental implants. If you have made up your mind to get your tooth implant in Singapore, you will need to stop the harmful drinking and smoking habits.
- Get your blood sugar levels under control if you have diabetes: If you have diabetes, be sure to get your blood sugar levels under control before getting implants. Uncontrolled diabetes can increase the risk of infection after surgery.
- Ensure you are healthy enough for surgery: Some health conditions, like diabetes or HIV, may prevent you from having surgery. If you live with any of such conditions, be sure to talk to your dentist and doctor to see if implants are right for you.
You can have an implant for just one tooth or a full set of teeth. If you are a good candidate, implants can be a great solution for missing teeth. Just be sure to talk to your dentist and prepare yourself for the surgery.
At An Dental, we offer a variety of dental services, including implants. To schedule an appointment, please call us at 6513 9549.
An Dental | Dentist Orchard
360 Orchard RD, #03-06/07 International Building Singapore 238869
+65 6513 9549