Preparing Coursework for Medical School: Useful Tips
Any qualification project must have content. The works with such a serious name include our favorite coursework students. Without attaching importance to the second page with paragraphs and numbers, you can get an unexpected "surprise" in the form of revision or failure in defense. In the article we will talk about what the content should be in the medical coursework work.
Requirement for structure of coursework
Coursework should have its own clear structure, consist of consistent, logically structured and competent material. The content is like an overview tour of a scientific work, which one gets acquainted with before plunging into the very essence.
A clear structure is a must. Without the presence of content, as well as in the case of its incorrect design, term paper will not be accepted. Thus, the content performs an informational function and acts as a kind of navigator for work.
On the second page after the title page, all the structural elements of the coursework work are listed: the titles of the chapters are exactly copied, and items such as the introduction, conclusion, and bibliography are also reflected. Pages are placed opposite.
Note! Content and plan are not identical concepts. They are confused for inexperience. The plan is more detailed, it may not contain page directions, and includes, among other things, the subjective opinion of the author.
Rules for compiling the content for medical coursework
The content is finalized at the final stage of writing, but sketches are made before starting. If you follow all the rules, first a plan (content prototype) is drawn up, and then chapters are written. And only after the main volume is ready, the pages are put down, and the second page is filled.
There are few rules, and they are quite simple:
- the title page is not indicated in the content;
- page formatting is consistent with margins throughout the work;
- each structure name is accompanied by a page indication;
- capital letters are used to indicate the word "table of contents" or "content";
- the name of each item is entered on a new line;
- the content contains applied materials - diagrams, figures, tables.
The option in Word is used to number the items. This is much faster and more convenient, besides, the probability of an error that some figure will be missed is excluded. By the way, only Arabic numerals are used.
Also, it is important to use standard font, spacing, black, white background. In general, it is unacceptable to deviate from the business style, experiment with slopes, boldness, font sizes. Colored inserts cannot be used. The page should not be in the "gouge out" genre. Everything is clear, laconic, competent.
Content cannot be linear. This is a combined plan, some of the points of which have their own division. So, the main part of the coursework work is divided into several chapters and subchapters, therefore, a complex numbering structure is used.
Components of the coursework
The content is 100% duplicates the structure of the coursework work itself and is a listing of its mandatory elements. That is why on the second sheet you can read on which page is located:
- main text, consisting of chapters and subchapters;
- list of references;
I would like to dwell on the last point in more detail. In the application, as a rule, several sheets, each of which is devoted to a separate illustration, diagram, table. However, in the table of contents it is enough to simply indicate, for example, "Appendix" 15-20, and there is no need to list the names of each sheet.
Note! When changing chapter titles, this should be reflected in the content. The information in the main text has changed, which means that changes should be made to the second page. Often, students forget about this moment, and teachers regard it as a mistake.
Common mistakes when writing a plan for medical coursework
There are GOSTs and design standards. But for some reason, students often ignore them. In vain. It is enough to find the necessary information once and use it in the future. Indeed, in the student age, you will have to write more than one coursework or even buy a coursework online.
Do you remember the guidelines? Just in case, this is such a brochure or electronic files with valuable and useful advice. Simply put - with mandatory recommendations that are best not to ignore. Do not be lazy, contact the pulpit. You will kill two birds with one stone: you will know how to draw up a term paper, and show your responsibility and interest.
Neglecting these rules is a major mistake. Among others:
- Sections should be sequentially and logically placed. You can't use chaotic order.
- The points should continue a general study, that is, they should be linked by a single concept and not be perceived as scattered phrases and sentences.
- The title of each section should fit into one sentence. Two or more sentences in one paragraph are highly undesirable.
- The section should use data that fully correspond to the names.
- The most common mistakes are grammar, punctuation, and spelling. Students even manage to mess up with the syntax. That is, literally "get lost" in one sentence.
- Plagiarism is not allowed. That is, it will not work to take and copy the content of someone else's term paper. If all paragraph names are borrowed, it is difficult to achieve high uniqueness, even if the internal content of the chapters is changed.